Friday, April 5, 2013

Words of Wisdom

Have you ever perceived an abundance of stress building up inside of you? Enough stress and conniption to fuel a car? An extensive quantity of accentuation and acrimony? Deep in the pit of your insides? Well, that has been me lately! 

Class to class I go, attending 5 days a week, accomplishing every task the teachers put on my plate, just to get an A in the class. I actually enjoy school a ton! I have no problem with spending my time in class. But having class, lots of homework, 2 sports and training doesn't always work together. But my only cure of all this stress has been to put my anger into my game.

Whether it's on the field, the court or in the gym, I use my stress and anger to power me. It fuels me through a workout. When it comes to end, I still feel like I could keep going. I feel stress running out of my body like it is being chased by a pack of cheetahs. I power through everything with so much motivation and it gets me fired up! 

I deadlifted 223 lbs few days ago. Three sets of two. I was on fire, I felt invincible and ready to conquer any task brought to hand. But then, a week later, I conquered the 228 pound deadlift. I was only able to commit to one set of two, but I have a new PR! And that is what matters!

I had a tournament last week. It was power league number 2 and we kicked some volleyball butt. We started off strong, kept going strong, and finished the tournament off strong, with a big 1st place trophy (in our hearts and minds). We did get 1st place though! I cannot think of one negative game, play, or set that my team had, we were on fire! Lately, practices have been getting harder because of how deep into the season we are getting, and how much time is being consumed. My team is mostly juniors and seniors, I am the only sophomore, and we have been piled up in homework plus volleyball and any extra sports in our hands. 

I have really been taking my time to get everything done and thinking about everything that has been happening in my life for the past few weeks and I have realized: I am not really sure if I am trying my hardest. I feel like I am putting an immense amount of work into everything I do, but I don't think it's enough yet. I train so hard to get me in the best shape, I have such a crazy amount of love and passion for volleyball that drives me to want to go somewhere with it, and I put in so much time and effort into my school work. There is never enough. I cannot get enough of anything. 

"How bad do you want it?" Is the question that fuels me. It is the question that makes my soul scream and makes me want to cry and train and do anything I could to get to the top.  Emotion in sports is like water in an ocean, but that is not what has me craving to be the next leader on a team. It is the euphoric speeches that had me enamored  and the breathtaking statements that gets me riled up and excited for what I believe I am completely capable of doing. I am setting my goals high with the motivation and inspiration that is not going to let me stop until I get there. 

Determination, inspiration and motivation are my three favorite words that encourage me to do my best. 

DETERMINATION: Settling a purpose. Coming to a conclusion with a large decision at hand, that makes you want to complete the task. For me, having determination in a sport is having the sensation to win and do the best that I can. It comes from bravery, having heart and passion, a purpose, and willpower. It is a constant drive of wanting to complete a task, it may take time, but working hard and busting your butt can lead to great things, all with determination.

INSPIRATION: Having someone or something be your idol or influence, someone to look up too. I look at the people who inspire to me to do my best, people who have excelled in the sport I train in, and use it to make myself become just as good as them. Be involved in the process of being mentally simulated to do or feel something. Something spontaneous, something no one has been able to do before. Have something that motivates you to do better.

MOTIVATION: a psychological feature that attracts someone towards a goal with a driving force that is applied. It is an inner drive that behaves in a certain manner. To have a purpose. Needs, desires, drive and want are all categories of motivation. Motivation can be pointed towards any subject. Ex: My goal is to go to a Division 1 college and play volleyball. My motivation is my family, coaches, and the desire to do work hard for my goal. I watch college games and all I can think is "that will be me" and it motivates me to do well. I see it and it makes me want it so bad. I have so much passion, so much drive, so much motivation.. And I will not let it go to waste.

So anyway, this past week has been Spring Break. I took my Spring Break and turned into training time. I am pushing myself at the gym like crazy, going to the beach to play volleyball, and going out to the field for softball. Tomorrow, I have the most exciting training that I will keep doing throughout highschool: Training with a track coach. Not just A track coach, John Rembao, the ex coach of Stanford, Cal Poly, and Austin Texas University. He is going to start training me in long jump, triple jump, 100 meter run and maybe even pole vaulting. I am so estatic! This is going to be incredible. Here starts my career in track!

Here are some picutres from the President's Day Tournament that was a couple weeks ago:










"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a persons determination."  

1 comment:

  1. Lexi :) I am so happy to hear you are using your stresses as motivation. You have more passion, ambition, strength and fire than anyone i've ever met (not kidding at all). You are a special type of person that can accomplish anything in your sights, whether it be in sports, school, life, whatever. Keep your head up and goals high and keep on killin it!... By the way your blog posts are amazing, it gets me fired up, you inspire the hell out of me :)

    ReplyDelete