Thursday, June 6, 2013

Here's to Sophomore Year!

I am almost done!

I am so close to ending my Sophomore year! But we know what that means.. Junior Year. Oh Junior year, I will own you. But before Junior year, I have got a whole Summer to spend! Guess what my summer is going to consist of? Training. Oh yes, my favorite.

Summer has a wide variety of things to do. Go to the beach, eat strange food, have fun with friends... But most of my time will be me, working my butt off in the gym, on the track, in the gym to get me to wherever my heart desires. And keep my Paleo diet going of course. Yeah I am going to hangout with my friends and go to the beach but my number one priority is my sports (and classes I am taking over the summer). Not only is training going to be taking up my summer, but I get to finally go back to Maui with my family and best friend/cousin! I cannot wait to be sitting on the beach, eating fresh fruit, with the occasional beach volleyball or surfing session. It is going to be awesome! Well enough of the Summer talk (it is getting me too excited) I am going to tell you about how my training has been, since I have not wrote on here in a very long time.

Track has been PHENOMENAL. I love it more than my life (it kind of is my life right now) and I cannot wait to excel in it next year for my school. I do the events Long Jump and Triple Jump as of right now, hopefully getting some work in at hurdles, 100, and maybe even the 200. Long jump is my favorite for sure. I train 3-4 times a week, and I have been doing it for at least 2 months now. So far, my   Long Jump is in the range of 17-20. So guess what that has given me... A new goal! My goal for next year, school track, is to go to state for long jump. I mean, not to get too cocky or too far with my goal, but being State Champion would be amazing, Completely out of this world, outstanding and I would do anything to be it, that is why I am training so much and giving it my all. Triple Jump, on the other hand, I have just started and I am actually enjoying it a lot, since it is coming very naturally to me. I cannot wait till track season because I fell like I am going to come out of no where and surprise a ton of people. Lets do it!!!

Now lets talk about something more emotional on my part... Softball. I am officially done with softball. It has been since 3rd grade that I have played this sport and I am glad to end it on this season. 7 straight years of softball training, and I am giving up. No, I am not giving up, I have lost everything for the sport. I love it (sometimes) and I love some of the girls, but man, having coaches the last couple years that have absolutely made something you love into something you want nothing to do with, sucks. This was such a great year to end my last season on. Making it to CCS for the first time in Scotts Valley Softball's history and getting awarded with Best Defense.. Not bad! I am going to miss it a ton! See you later Softball :)

Well, here's to a great Sophomore Year! Junior Year, IB classes, year round training... I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment