Thursday, February 28, 2013

Passion

I have a passion for a sport. A passion so strong that I wish I could spend every second of my life working harder to get me to the top. Volleyball is what I live for, and I will always work my hardest to reach my goals. I would train for hours every single day, go days without sleeping and eating, just to reach my goals and get to the top. I do not really understand how much I get made fun of for having this blog, laying my life out, getting myself where I want to go. I have a passion that has made me so determined to do my best in everything I do! Having passion is so strong. It makes you feel great and makes you realize that you really do have something worth living for. I cannot even explain how many people laugh at me for trying in school, doing a ton of extra practice, loving volleyball so much that I would spend days working my hardest at, and to set goals and stretch my arms up so high to reach the top! I love having the feeling of trying. Having something to work for, even if it might take weeks to years. I love having to fight everyday, because I know that in the end, it will bring me what I have always wanted. I cannot even explain how upset it makes me because I hear people saying "She's so weird because she has a blog talking about her life, what a nerd" or "you're so tough because you lift weights" in a completely sarcastic tone. It makes me so disturbed how people do not realize that I am trying to go somewhere, hence how I spend 40+ hours a week working my butt off to achieve my life goals. I am an athlete and leader and I will keep pushing myself to the limit, past the limit, and miles beyond the limit. Volleyball is my lifestyle. I spend hours on end playing it and thinking it. I am completely capable of achieving my goals, anyone is if they put their time and mind on it. Working out is my drug, I am addicted to the rush I get when I  light and complete it or make a PR. I bleed, I sweat, I ache, I work hard. I do not see how my life is affecting you, I'm driving myself the way I want to go! I love having volleyball as my passion, it gives me a warm feeling everytime I think about it because I want to achieve so much more with the sport. Motivation has gotten me started on my journey, the habit of working hard to achieve my goals is what keeps me going. People play sports for the thrill of having fun with a team who shares the same interest. We play sports because we are competitive athletes. The feelings of stress, pressure and nervousness is a part of being an athlete. These feelings stem from the challenge of taking part in something you love and have to work hard for, pumping you up, providing healthy adrenaline that turns into the best practice ever or an amazing game. It is so important to feel the continuous struggles with outcomes of failure and success. Without this, you will not develop and grow as an athlete of a team. How do I handle this stress, pressure, and/or nervousness? Easy!  1. Accept. Accept rather than fight these feelings. It is a normal feeling of adrenaline pumping through your veins. 2. Visualize. Visualize yourself performing well on the court or field. Tell yourself, "I can do this!" 3. Play like you only care for you and your teams effort, not the outcome. 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100702175501528

This little video is of me dead lifting 213 pounds for 5 sets of 3! It was a PR and man, did if feel amazing! Just a little inch closer to my goal!

Everyone experiences what it feels like to win. Winning is such an awesome feeling! It rewards you that with that rush of happiness and adrenaline. But there is a way on how to win with Sportsmanship: Win with grace and have respect for your opponents. The most respectful thing you could possibly do towards your opponents is compete fully. Never play down or defeated, treat every point with care and focus. After a game, it is not cool to walk and congratulate your opponents with a snotty look on your face that screams, "I'm better than you" or "You guys suck". Be that person/team that wins with a great attitude! Win with generosity and congratulate on how well they played. It is really not that hard.

Losing is no different! Lose with grace and respect for our opponents and especially, your teammates. How you react to a loss is a true example of your character. As hard as it is to lose, your reaction needs to be humbling, mature, and dignified. When you have a hard loss, remember that feeling and use it to motivate you and your teammates. Having the feeling of disappointment and separation in your team is a completely stuck up way to loose. Do not be that player, be happy! Every athlete experiences loss.

Having good sportsmanship is such a great quality to have. It is a lifestyle and an attitude that cannot go wrong.  I would like to tell you something funny that had happened yesterday in my softball game against Watsonville High School. My team was up 8-1 when I got up to bat and I hit a triple, driving in 2 runs, making it 10-1. On the pitch right after, there was a pass ball and I could not hold myself back from running after my coach had told me to go. I slid into the pitcher who had not yet received the ball but who had covered up the whole plate, and I slightly pushed her to try and get to the plate. I start trying to find the plate, and the umpire calls me out. I start getting up and the pitcher decides to push me back down and punch me straight in the chest. The umpire yells at her and pushes her back as her coaches run over to her. I was completely fine and reacted as if nothing had happened, but that was a completely unsportsmanlike thing for her to do. In that situation, the best thing I could have done was to not fight back. I got up as if nothing had happened and jogged my way to the dug out.

However, there is no need in any situation of talking negatively about teammates, coaches, and/or opponents. That is never acceptable. This behavior serves on no ones part. Support your team at all times and encourage everyone else to do the same. You are a team, a family. 

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career, lost almost 300 games, and misses the game-winning shot 26 times. I've failed over and over again in my life. That is why I succeed."


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHXZgoqokKk


Please watch this video I have attatched above. This video is so inspirational in every perspective. Train hard everyday and you will get somewhere. I promise. How bad do you want it?

No comments:

Post a Comment