Tuesday, February 19, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons

This last weekend was the Presidents Day Tournament at the San Jose Convention Center! It was a three day tournament that my team worked their hardest to win! And guess what, we got 1st :)

This weekend, I had no intentions to give up. I went out, worked my hardest, went for every ball, and served/set/hit/passed every ball with heart. I do not regret any one play or any game played this weekend. We played many teams that gave up a huge fight. There was not a 17's division so we played in the 18's division along with many 16's teams. I loved this tournament, it was put together so well.

It was also really funny at one point of the tournaments. I played my best friends team! Most of the girls on that team go to SLV high school, a school in my hometown, where most of my best friends go! It felt so weird playing them because I've only played against them in school. The coach of this team has always tried to recruit me for his club but his club just is not competitive enough for me. I am trying to go somewhere people! He always talks bad about Shoreline, and I hate hearing it, but it is what it is. But just to let you know, Santa Cruz Shoreline 17's has DEFEATED the Santa Cruz Crush by loads of points. That was a great start to the day!

Today, I did not go to school due to a Cardiologist appointment. This was my first day with a new Cardiologist, for I have had my last one for 2 years, and I absolutely love him! His name is Dr. Tran and he is a Pediatric Cardiologist. I honestly have never felt so honored to be in a doctors office. He was hilarious! He made me laugh so many times, I felt so comfortable. I have been diagnosed as a Tachycardiac, which is me having rapid heart beats at random moments (they usually happen once every two months or less). It is not severe in any case, but it keeps me aware of everything I do. Since they do not have anything on file of my heart palpitating, I will have a 30 day heart monitor that will catch my heart having an episode. I am very excited to see what will happen!

Having a new Cardiologist has opened me up to so many new things. I myself has always wanted to be a Cardiologist, but now, I have a life changing decision I need to make. Yes, I am only a sophomore and have a few more years till I really have to decide what I want to be, but I do so many medical researches on my own time that it should be time for me to decide. Dr. Tran had told me if I want to be a Cardiologist, it takes years of being committed and having patience. He went to school for 14 years, all around, starting at UC Irvine, going to a small medical school in Virginia, Utah State, and all the way to Nevada State. He told me he never knew what a Pediatric Cardiologist or that there was even such a thing until he discovered that being a General Nutritionist was way to boring to spend a lifetime on. I had know clue there was a HUGE difference between Pediatric Cardiology and Adult Cardiology. Pediatric is mostly birth defects, imaging, and preventive cardiology where as Adult Cardiology is heart failures/transplants, heart disease, and ongoing birth defects. He said it is a huge decision followed by a huge committment. And boy, am I ready to spend 14 years of my life studying Cardiology.

People always ask me why am I such a happy person. Easy: I live a great, blessed life. I love everything I do, I love everyone I am around, and I enjoy every second of it. I spend 100% of my life in school and playing sports. I try my hardest at everything I can, making my life worth living! I set smalls goals, little by little, to finally some day reach my highest goal and maybe even farther! There is always the good days and bad days. You just have to overcome the bad days by thinking about what you really have in life! I always think about my supportive family, my friends, my teachers taking the time to teach me to get me somewhere in life, my coaches motivating me and making me the best I can be, and my teammates. I live everyday for a reason and that reason motivates me to reach my goals. Everyday is a good day, and I think we all take that for granted once in a while. So stay positive, realize what you have, and be happy, it's so worth it!

"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."



No comments:

Post a Comment